Its been ages (okay, months) since i posted a recipe in AGT, and i figured its time for another delectable recipe that you can whip up in 30 minutes or so. Last week i was looking for a mushroom pasta recipe online because Tee loves mushrooms but not pasta, and me the opposite. So i wanted to find a recipe that we both can enjoy without compromising our taste buds. But almost all the recipe i read involved either cheese or cooking wine or both, i had neither in my pantry at that moment. So i shifted my options from pasta to noodles, and kinda simplified the recipe. And voila! I discovered my favorite recipe involving mushrooms yet, and its so simple that i have already made it twice.
(prep time - 5 minutes, cook time - less than 30 minutes, serves - 2 hungry adults)
8 oz pack Baby Bella Mushrooms - 1, cut into thin slices
Plain Noodles - 4 bricks (cooked per the package instructions)
Onions - sliced - 1 cup
Chili flakes (or just grind the dried red chillies in a blender) - 1 teaspoon
Soy sauce - 1/4 cup
Extra virgin olive oil - 6 tables spoons (2 tbsp for noodles + 4 tbsp for mushroom sauté)
Salt to taste
1. In a wok, add 2 tbsp olive oil, cooked(and drained) noodles, and soy sauce. Sauté for 3 mins in low flame. Keep it aside.
3. In a medium heat fry pan, add remaining 4 tbsp of olive oil. Once hot, add the sliced onions and sauté.
4. Once the onions are almost done, add the chili flakes, and sauté for a minute more.
5. Then add the sliced mushrooms and very gently mix the onions and mushrooms, so that the mushrooms don't break into tiny pieces.
6. Add salt and sauté for 5-7 minutes or until the mushrooms are cooked.
7. Now add the sautéed mushrooms to the noodles in the wok, mix well and serve hot.
Make sure to take each bite of noodles with few mushroom slices, because those are the flavor bombs. Prepare this recipe for dinner, and it can very well be refrigerated and enjoyed in the morning as breakfast.